Here's how I rank on Santa's list:
1. Kind to everyone (unless you cut me off the road while driving...then you get the finger)
2. Helped an old man take his medicine, which happened to be cute little blue pills
3. Sent thank you cards to everyone who attended my engagement party, (even if they didn't bring a gift;))
4. Said yes to my boyfriend's proposal
5. Invited my mom to Canada with me for FIVE LONG DAYS;)
1. Drank all the milk and left one little sip in the fridge
2. Gave Max more attention than Chloe (even though she's cuter)
3. Hogged the bed
4. Dreamt about an ex boyfriend (although I was hiding from him in my dream)
5. Stole a parking spot (they didn't have their blinker on, damn it)
Whether you've been sweet or gratin, this pairing is one that is sure to please even Santa's worst elf's!
The 2006 Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva from Tuscany, Italy was pure heaven with potatoes au gratin. After a bite of the food and then a sip of the wine, I loved how the cheese flavor was heightened and a smoky element from the wine came to life. Sangiovese, the main grape used to produce this wine has excellent acidity and that coupled with the sour cherry aroma, matched the tangy sharpness of the cheddar cheese, yet cleansed the palate in-between bites. The grainy texture of the cheddar cheese also matched the wine's tannic structure nicely and the richness of the wine stood up perfectly to the heaviness of the cheese and potatoes. So yummy!
Please let me know your comments in the section below! Have you been naughty or nice? And would you rather rock an elf hat or a Santa hat? Let's chat!
Where To Find The Wine:
The 2006 Viticcio Chianti Classico Riserva is available at Khoury's Fine Wine & Spirits. Please visit their website: http://khourysfinewine.com/ or call 702-435-9463. They can ship anywhere!